Hello my name is Jose Chavez and and i am currently attending art classes at U.S.C. through the Ryman Arts program. As of a couple months ago art for me was nothing more than a hobby. I would draw mostly on my free time but now art is more of a passion. Ive been drawing since I was in kindergarden and now that im 17 I have seen my artistic abilities slowly grow and improve. What facinates me the most about creating art is you can mold it and shape it into any shape you want, and my favorite medium for this is clay. I like sculpting not only because it lets me use my hands to build beautiful pots and plates but also because it lets me use my ability to draw to add designs and patterns. I am an artist, and that is what I want to be in the future, a person who eats, sleeps and breathes nothing but art.Monday, October 26, 2009
"About me"
Hello my name is Jose Chavez and and i am currently attending art classes at U.S.C. through the Ryman Arts program. As of a couple months ago art for me was nothing more than a hobby. I would draw mostly on my free time but now art is more of a passion. Ive been drawing since I was in kindergarden and now that im 17 I have seen my artistic abilities slowly grow and improve. What facinates me the most about creating art is you can mold it and shape it into any shape you want, and my favorite medium for this is clay. I like sculpting not only because it lets me use my hands to build beautiful pots and plates but also because it lets me use my ability to draw to add designs and patterns. I am an artist, and that is what I want to be in the future, a person who eats, sleeps and breathes nothing but art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


These are absolutely beautiful!! I actually saw one of my former students get better and better in just his daily doodles. It's amazing what practice can do. Same goes with math!
ReplyDeleteCant...stop...admiring...drawings. <3
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
that is a nice turtle, very nice but i can do just as good
ReplyDeletewowowowowowowowow..
ReplyDeletethese are your work???
AMAZING!!
Hey JOse... you're my neighbor right??? I'm Consuelo's Girlfriend.
:)
ha ha jose, you know I can beat you. Don't even try. And, I hate you. For leaving 2nd :(
ReplyDeleteOh wow, your work is amazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd that turtle is awesome! =]
I've tried sculpting but my sculptures look like a 3rd graders sad attempt at a cartoon character. Pottery I haven't tried yet but it looks hard nonetheless. Have you taken the ceramics class or did you learn on your own?
hey thanks for all the comments u guys :), 1st consuelos girlfriend yes these are my drawings and yes im your neighbor :), grace im sorry for leaving second but ill drop by occasionally to make fun of u haha =P, and cynthia thank u for the comment on my turtle :), and to answer you question i have taken the ceramics class and ive seen my sculptures grow more and more complex :)
ReplyDeleteWow this is amazing..ooh and I remember you HA that was funny when you said your name all dramatically like James Bond...hehehehe
ReplyDeleteHwang:What your name
You:Jose...(dramatic effect)...Chavez hehehe funny